SML recently helped promote the Kickstarter campaign for an upcoming Scottish horror film. We don’t want to say that our post helped push their funding past their goal… but we will take the credit for it.
Now “Lord of Tears” has announced a new stretch goal of 10,000 pounds. Additional funds will help marketing and distribution, and hopefully bring the film “across the pond” a little sooner. Plus, right now Kickstarter pledges are the only sure-fire way to pre-order and view the film.
Count us in.
Director Lawrie Brewster says the film’s Kickstarter campaign has helped kickstart more than just the film’s marketing and distribution campaign. According to Brewster:
* Lord of Tears has been available on pre-order through Kickstarter, it met its goal after 10 days (hooray)
* We reached our first goal on Kickstarter – the new goal is £10k ($15k) and we… [encourage] folks to pre-order.
* The kickstarter page features a new trailer for the film that has won some acclaim, being tweeted by Jim Parrack (True Blood) and Barbara Crampton (Re-Animator, From Beyond) Elizabeth Fies (The Commune) and Signe Olynyk (Below Zero)
* Lord of Tears has been accepted into the San Diego Comic Fest to be screened in October
* We have a viral style video of the Owlman stalking teenagers on Omegle/chat roulette
The viral chat video has inspired us (and is totally worth watching below). Maybe the next grand SML plot to take over the planet will start with a video chat service just for monsters. Hmmm…